Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Not Again!

A few posts down you will see the first "I forgot to plug in" post.

Well, here is the second one.

Now this might not be a problem for most, and BMW might not want to worry too much about this, but it sure is a problem for me! I 'm a pretty smart guy with a decent memory or at least I thought so. The story:

Last night we had a city of Encinitas, Climate Action Plan workshop, I got home around 9:30pm and went inside our home. This morning I had an 9am meeting down at the County with a few department heads and the Director of planning to review the SD county General Plan update which is before the Planning Commission.

I showered, got ready to go, went out to the garage around 8am got in #183 pressed the magic "on" button and had 33 miles of range.

The horror!

I forgot to plug in and I had a 60 mile round trip and a very important meeting! Frantic phone calls to friends, no avail; a call to my wife Julie, "sure honey I'll swap cars" the problem with that is it would have made me 45 minutes late; then, swallowing all my pride a call to my brother Niels who lives on the way. "Bro, can you bail me out and let me drive your car to the county building while you take my car the mile or so to your shop?

That one will cost me in mockery and family dissing for decades! "What is this? Mr. electric cars are better, calling lowly Mr. gas guzzler V8 sports car driver to bail him out? Sure. "

OK, I'm all set, I'm even going to make my meeting on time! If not but for terrible traffic I would have, but all things considered 10 minutes late is a pretty good result.

A few hours later I return Niels's car to his Trophy store http://www.sdtrophy.com/ Niels tells me he has emailed the whole family and my wife about how Mr. Electric smarty pants had to come groveling to him the younger brother to bail his ass out!

Niels said that he emailed BMW/Mini-E to suggest that they may want to reconsider leasing this prized automobile to a person such as I, over 45 with the onset of Pre-Senior Moments.

Then Niels presented my with my own plaque (pictured above) to affix to the door from the garage into the house, at eye level, sort of like a string tied around a finger, to remind me, to turn around and make sure that I have plugged in #183 for the night.

There needs to be "an app for that" for my I-phone so I can check to see if I'm plugged in or not!

The really sad part is... I think the plaque is actually going to help me and prevent future problems and Niels did it as a gag! It's already installed on the garage door.

This one will cost me for years :)

Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment